Father’s Day Competition

HOW TO ENTER
This competition is super easy!
All you have to do is tell us in 25 words or less why YOU (or your father) deserve to win the TurboPlane. You can leave your comment in the comments section below this blog post under “Post a Comment” and then hit “publish”. Done! You have now entered the competition and will be in the running to win one of the three prizes.
Spread the word! Submit your comments TODAY!

There are three levels of prizes on offer:

FIRST PRIZE

The TurboPlane – valued at $159.00

SECOND PRIZE

$50.00 shopping voucher redeemable to purchase at our online store

THIRD PRIZE

$25.00 shopping voucher redeemable to purchase at our online store

Competition starts TODAY Thursday 16th August 2012.
Winners will be announced on our blog and Facebook page on Wednesday 29th August 2012.
Good luck!

On Facebook? LIKE us today to stay in the loop on exclusive Facebook fans specials, news and events.

SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS BELOW

51 Comments

1. Anonymous Author August 16, 2012 (3:27 pm)

I should win because everyone says im a turbo pain in the ***

Reply to Anonymous
  2. Anonymous Author August 16, 2012 (3:29 pm)

I should win because i would like to give one to my dad for fathers day to carve his new log bench with. 🙂

Reply to Anonymous
  3. Arbortechian Author August 16, 2012 (3:35 pm)

Thanks for your comments guys but if you are entering as "anonymous" we will not be able to identify you if you do win!:)

Reply to Arbortechian
  4. DJ Author August 16, 2012 (3:39 pm)

My Dad and I are building a new house,he wants to carve a bath and handbasin from some of the trees we cut down……. DJ & Dad

Reply to DJ
  5. Oliver Mathys Author August 16, 2012 (5:36 pm)

25 word Mmmmm…
    I love wood and working with wood
    I love wood and working with wood
    I love wood and working with wood
    [email protected]

Reply to Oliver Mathys
  6. Anonymous Author August 16, 2012 (6:14 pm)

I've bought almost every thing made by Arbortech so why not win something for a change, it wood be great,I'd love one. Darryl Moss

Reply to Anonymous
  7. Anonymous Author August 16, 2012 (6:33 pm)

As a Men's Shed coordinator,I rarely have time for my own projects. What a great Turboplane way to show off my passion. Mrk

Reply to Anonymous
  8. Nick Shiers Author August 16, 2012 (8:51 pm)

Will take the pressure of tired belt sander and countless 40 grit belts used as well as increasing pile of same grade flap discs

Reply to Nick Shiers
  9. Anonymous Author August 16, 2012 (10:36 pm)

I'm going for the sympathy vote. I'm 69 years old with a touch of arthritis and I need that kind of help.

Reply to Anonymous
  10. SW Author August 16, 2012 (11:40 pm)

I need something like that to connect the dots between my creativity and the workpiece. To bring something to fruition that's only a vision.

Reply to SW
  11. Brian Finney Author August 17, 2012 (1:26 am)

To turboplane, or not to turboplane that is the question:
    to ensure that I prevent shaving congestion.

(ref Shakespeare’s Hamlet: To be, or not to be, that is the question: )

Reply to Brian Finney
  12. Bob Collins Author August 17, 2012 (8:36 am)

Wood and Arbortech tools have given me a life after war service, to own a Turboplane is what I am aiming to own next.

Reply to Bob Collins
  13. Robin Spence Author August 17, 2012 (10:24 am)

Robin Spence August17
    The demonstrations convinced me that having a TurboPlane would enable me to efficiently do woodworking tasks that I presently struggle to perform

Reply to Robin Spence
  14. منحوتات خشبيه Wooden sculptures Author August 17, 2012 (12:19 pm)

Because it is a global design special,it is strong and solid as I've seen on the video,it is easy to use,it is carved wood in a fast, high-tech

Reply to منحوتات خشبيه Wooden sculptures
  15. Dean Tallent Author August 17, 2012 (1:06 pm)

Working with wood is a passion. I have a burl and currently making a bowl.My two boys love helping me create things.

Reply to Dean Tallent
  16. Damon Author August 17, 2012 (1:17 pm)

I'm 5 and my dad is the best. He loves working with wood. I love helping him. My dad would love this tool.

Reply to Damon
  17. joshua kennish Author August 17, 2012 (2:08 pm)

well put very simply, my old turbo plane has been used and sharpened to with an inch of its life. I have found it my go to tool whenever theres some wood to be shaped.

Reply to joshua kennish
  18. AlisonF Author August 17, 2012 (4:22 pm)

My dad is spending all my potential inheritance on Arbortech tools. Please help save a bit for me by giving him this one for free.

Reply to AlisonF
  19. Jo Smallacombe Author August 17, 2012 (5:24 pm)

My Dad deserves to win a Turboplane because:
    Artistic
    Robust
    Balanced
    Original
    Reliable
    Technical
    Evolutionary
    Creative
    Handcrafts

Reply to Jo Smallacombe
  20. Anonymous Author August 17, 2012 (9:50 pm)

I "need" the Turboplane because it is one of the Arbourtech tools I do not have :-)my carving days would be over if I would not have your tools I am a Senior woman ( not a Father)and I need your tools to keep me carving since my hands need all the help they can get.
    Remeber me Alison??
    Alice Kummer
    Athens On.
    Canada

Reply to Anonymous
  21. Sam Sakker Author August 18, 2012 (1:14 pm)

Saw the demo at the Timber and Woodworking show in Sydney. Fantastic! Have been lusting after one ever since.

Reply to Sam Sakker
  22. Barry Gray Author August 18, 2012 (5:09 pm)

A Turbo Plane
    Would give me fame
    My jobs would be just right
    I'd be so proud
    Win one…I just might.

Reply to Barry Gray
  23. Anonymous Author August 18, 2012 (5:45 pm)

I am using a 100mm chainsaw to carve burl bowls. I saw this demonstrated at the Wood Show and it seemed a lot safer to use. Allan Bush.

Reply to Anonymous
  24. Ian Author August 20, 2012 (10:27 am)

Easier than setting up a router jig, faster than a belt sander. One awesome tool to prepare a flat surface. My dad will love it.

Reply to Ian
  25. Rex Author August 20, 2012 (4:56 pm)

Dad made a cool carved head with a wood carver and needs a turbo plane to make me a set of massive bull horns

Reply to Rex
  26. Cliff Fellows Author August 24, 2012 (4:02 pm)

I sketch – I'm excited.
    I start carving from my favourite wood – I'm happy.
    I slip and there's one ugly groove – I'm devastated!
    TURBO PLANE PLEASE.

Reply to Cliff Fellows
  27. Geoff Ward Author August 26, 2012 (7:36 pm)

What better way to make life smoother than a Turboplane

Reply to Geoff Ward
  28. Di Howard Author August 27, 2012 (3:42 pm)

He’s a great Dad but without that Arbortec TurboPlane there’s no way he’ll ever finish that doll’s house for his first grandchild!

Reply to Di Howard
  29. Norma Finney Author August 27, 2012 (4:59 pm)

O Turboplane, O Turboplane
    You fill my heart with music
    Reminding me on Fathers' Day
    To think of you and use it.

(Sang to the tune of O Tannebaum/ O Christmas Tree
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlaRq509zKY if you don't know it)

Reply to Norma Finney
  30. Morfran Author August 27, 2012 (5:06 pm)

My dad looked after me for 4 years with no job or money, he started chainsaw carving now he's (S)awesome & I get 5% fee. Morfran (8yrs)

Reply to Morfran
  31. Paul Melanson Author August 27, 2012 (7:15 pm)

With the [email protected] Turbo Plane I will be able to learn how to Carve like the Chainsaw guys but the finish would be much smoother.

Reply to Paul Melanson
  32. Ruth Quick Author August 27, 2012 (8:16 pm)

With the Arbortech TurboPlane I can turn firewood into furniture, branches into sculpture.
    Whether novice or pro, it inspires creativity and confidence as I go

Reply to Ruth Quick
  33. Toby Dean Author August 27, 2012 (8:28 pm)

Long ago in a scrap bin my Dad found a scrap of wood I had practiced carving an acanthus leaf on, following instructions in a Hayward book. Now I am as old as he was then.

Reply to Toby Dean
  34. Reid Strand Author August 27, 2012 (10:52 pm)

I carved my mom's 2 grandchildren by hand. My mother-in-law found out. She has 6 grandchildren and wants carvings for Christmas. Please save my marriage!

Reply to Reid Strand
  35. Ramunas Slekaitis Author August 28, 2012 (12:44 am)

Intensively used and greatly appreciate the very high quality Arbortech accessories. I'm working with industrials mini grinder and woodcarver. Turbo plane perfectly complemented by collection of Arbortech !
    🙂

Reply to Ramunas Slekaitis
  36. Mike Bowron Author August 28, 2012 (12:56 am)

Some tools are Fimsy some tools are cheap but with a Powerplane by Arbortec i get quality while saving a heap.

Reply to Mike Bowron
  37. Luigi alias Daniele Verdesca Author August 28, 2012 (5:51 am)

Turbo plane is my turbo axe!

Reply to Luigi alias Daniele Verdesca
  38. erin Author August 28, 2012 (9:10 am)

dad loves his arbortech mini sander and i would like to buy him this tool for fathers day but as i am only a uni student i can't afford it so my only chance is to win it.

Reply to erin
  39. Marco Berera Author August 28, 2012 (1:23 pm)

I just finished scraping, sanding, priming and painting ,2 coats on our house (3 weeks)
    now I like to relax and do some real carving with the Arbortec

Reply to Marco Berera
  40. Elijah Author August 28, 2012 (3:09 pm)

My dad is the best. He loves to help me build things. We need this tool to finish our bowl.I love my dad

Reply to Elijah
  41. Mum on behalf of 3 year old son Author August 28, 2012 (3:19 pm)

We cant afford anything at the moment and he loves creating things from wood. I know he wants one.He really deserves it.

Reply to Mum on behalf of 3 year old son
  42. Thompson Mozart Coelho Basto Author August 28, 2012 (11:40 pm)

Olá meu nome é Thompson, sou artispa plástico apaixonado por artes! Essa ferramenta me daria muitas alegrias!!! Peço Deus mais esse presente.Amem!

Reply to Thompson Mozart Coelho Basto
  43. The Woodworking Poet Author August 29, 2012 (2:46 am)

With a blade so sharp and a finish so true the power plane by Artbotec will always see me through.

Reply to The Woodworking Poet
  44. Vladimir Vuksan Author August 29, 2012 (4:32 pm)

Hello, I do not have a good enough argument that I am the one who deserves the award more than anyone else. Just hope so.

Reply to Vladimir Vuksan
  45. Arbortechian Author August 31, 2012 (11:05 am)

Hi Bob,
    Congratulations! You are the winner of our first prize being the TurboPlane!
    Please contact us by emailing us your details to [email protected] to claim your prize!
    Thank you and congratulations on your win!!

Reply to Arbortechian
  46. Arbortechian Author August 31, 2012 (11:07 am)

Hi Sam,
    Congratulations! You are the winner of the third prize being the $25.00 shopping voucher to spend at our online store.
    Thank you and congratulations on your win!!

Reply to Arbortechian
  47. Bob Collins Author November 9, 2012 (3:57 pm)

Sorry it took me so long to find the results, just didn't believe it would happen so didn't look. What a surprise. Thanks to Arbortech and team for the competition and the chance to win one of these great tools, will send pictures of my projects when I use the TurboPlane. Thanks again.

Reply to Bob Collins
  48. Hussy Author October 16, 2015 (1:25 am)

It is possible to abandon the opinion inside the feedback part under this website submit beneath Post any Comment" and struck publish.

Reply to Hussy
  49. Rice Author November 17, 2015 (3:11 pm)

I loves working with wood. I love helping him, Having a TurboPlane would enable me to efficiently do woodworking tasks that I presently struggle to perform.

Reply to Rice
  50. Andrew Author December 24, 2015 (4:07 pm)

The key top quality on this sander instrument because analyzed through a lot of people is the quietness regarding its generator. It comes with a 8. 8 amp generator together with a auto-tracking belt process of which monitors the particular belt without having change.

Reply to Andrew
  51. James Evan Author February 28, 2016 (2:46 am)

Looking at fathers trying to take care of their children always make me laugh to tears! Can't wait to this competition!

Reply to James Evan