Arbortech Staff Woodworking Competition 2013

In our previous blog post we featured the Arbortech staff woodworking competition winners.
If you missed our previous blog post on the competition winners you can check it out here.
We had some great submissions from our staff and we’d like to share these projects with you to showcase their fantastic work. Check out the woodworking projects below.

Plywood Cluster Table
 This table will be one of six, creating a cluster table.
Created by: Kevin Inkster (CEO)
Wood used: Plywood Cluster Table

Arbortech tools used:

Kevin at work on his cluster table

Myrtle Turtle

Created by: Kristine Inkster (Executive Director)

Wood used: Queensland Myrtle wood
Arbortech tools used:

Kristine carving the details on the turtle

Celtic Door
Created by: Matthew Cormack (R&D)

Wood used: Pine wood

Arbortech tools used:

Celtic Door was milled to size and doweled

Perth Skyline
Created by: Nora Redzwan (Sales)

Wood used: Camphor wood

Arbortech tools used:

Representation of Perth Skyline
My Grand Daughter’s Clock
Created by: Peter Tashjian (Production)
A photo calendar with monthly and yearly photos were inserted into round pockets into their appropriate location. A clock was mounted, chiselled letters and the face of Peter’s grand-daughter were inscribed.

Arbortech tools used:

Peter’s clock for his grand-daughter

Stretch

Created by: Steve Marsh (Finance Dept)

Wood used: Pine wood

Arbortech tools used:

“Stretch” giraffe

The Golden Dragon

Created by: Barry Fitzpatrick (Production)

Wood used: Jarrah

Arbortech tools used:

Using the Power Chisel to carve out the dragon

Stool With Sad Face
Created by: Rocky Xu (R&D)
Wood used: Pine wood

Arbortech tools used:

Carving from the wood using the Mini TURBO

Pagan Cross

Created by: Bill Ginn (Manufacturing Team)
Wood used: Curly Jarrah

Arbortech tools used:

Using the Power Chisel to carve out the cross

Live, Love, Laugh
Created by: Christine Taylor (Secretary)

Wood used: Sheoak

Arbortech tools used:

Christine’s piece and message was inspired by Vicky Galbraith’s attitude to life

Created by: Peter Godden (Arbortech shareholder)Turbo Fossil

This was Peter’s first time using the TURBO Plane and he said that “the TURBO Plane allowed me to express my creative desires in a way that gave me the freedom to explore different techniques, textures and shapes which were previously difficult to achieve. Whilst the convex of this piece invokes the observer to experience texture, shadow, form in contrast, the concave face offers the subtle qualities of colour and grain patterns. So it is with this sculpture I have looked at opposing surfaces, allowing a deeper appreciation of my creative process, the wonders of natural wood and the great tools to carve it with.

Wood used: Sheoak

Arbortech tools used:

Peter’s first experience using the TURBO Plane and he loved it
REMINDER: We hope you have enjoyed viewing our staff competition woodworking projects and stirred some inspiration in you to use Arbortech tools to create some amazing woodworking projects and sculptures.
What are your thoughts on our staff’s woodworking projects? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below in the comments section.

The public Woodworking Competition has been extended and closes on Monday 22nd July 2013 by 4.00pm WST.
We are still accepting entries so please send through your entries by clicking here.
Enter your woodworking project today for a chance to win a fantastic Arbortech tools pack up to the value of $1,000 AUD!
For all competition details and entry forms please click here.
Best of luck!!

16 Comments

1. Rick Stolberg Author July 23, 2013 (8:51 pm)

Very cool work. I LOVE to see a company where the employees actually work with the product.

Reply to Rick Stolberg
  2. Sarah Johns Author August 2, 2013 (1:14 am)

Reading Teds woodworking review is certainly going help choosing the right woodworking plan that sticks to your budget, and enhances the beauty of home interiors.

Reply to Sarah Johns
  3. Matt Hardy Author September 2, 2013 (6:13 pm)

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely.
    Cnc Router machine

Reply to Matt Hardy
  4. Rohan Author September 16, 2015 (8:03 pm)

The convex in this piece invokes the observer experiencing texture, shadow, form in form a contrast, the concave face offers this subtle qualities of color in addition to grain patterns. So it has this sculpture I have checked opposing surfaces, allowing a greater appreciation of my creative practice, the wonders of natural wood along with the great tools to carve the item with.

Reply to Rohan
  5. Marshall Author October 6, 2015 (5:39 pm)

Looks great. I like this wooden project very much. it is really great idea to make our home furnished with woods. I love furniture. <3

Reply to Marshall
  6. Andrew Author January 11, 2016 (3:30 am)

Having a full size table and dealing surface makes many roles abundant easier. however if you do not have space for the complete size router table, you'll be able to notice a router table band wherever smaller bench prime sized tables area unit enclosed.

Reply to Andrew
  7. James Evan Author February 28, 2016 (2:42 am)

My God, these things are undoubtedly adorable! I always fond of carved wooden stuffs, and look at the way the are made!

Reply to James Evan
  8. Dwight Chambers Author April 3, 2016 (11:17 pm)

Unbelievable. Behold look the turtle, so cool so cute

Reply to Dwight Chambers
  9. Print Man Author May 9, 2016 (3:56 pm)

Never stop doing these. Never. When you've strolled every street in the metro, start over again.
    Combined cutting creasing rule

Reply to Print Man
  10. woodworkingtoolkit.com Author May 21, 2016 (6:39 pm)

Wow, fantastic woodwork ideas! I particularly love the clock, I thought it was so adorable I might make one for my Dad this Father's day.

Reply to woodworkingtoolkit.com
  11. Ricky Author January 5, 2018 (10:29 am)

Great demo! I will be looking to purchasing a Mini-Turbo tool.

Reply to Ricky
  12. James Author April 27, 2018 (4:44 pm)

I love the tools that you got. Working with wood is easier with multiple tools. Thanks for sharing. btw the turtle looks awesome.

Reply to James
  13. Farooq Author December 26, 2018 (7:17 pm)

This is amazing competition of wood working.. Seems quite interesting as i am a big wood working freak.

Reply to Farooq
  14. RVNeed Author March 29, 2019 (10:15 pm)

Very impressive ! I may not get a response since it is a old post but I have a question please, can you ship this to India? I will appreciate your reply:-) thank you

Reply to RVNeed
    • Freya Sadat Author April 1, 2019 (3:40 pm)

Hi there!

Thank you for getting in touch. Yes! We ship to India. You can place your order through our website.

Thanks,

Arbortech Team

Reply to Freya Sadat
  15. Tool AIM Author June 3, 2020 (5:45 pm)

Absolutely fun time plus a showcase of different arbortech tools and the success they have had with it ! Enjoyed it guys 😊

Reply to Tool AIM