Woodworking Tip: Reuse Wood Chips To Make An Eagle

Sergei’s work of wood chip sculptures continue. If you didn’t see the first blog post of this series, we suggested using left over wood chips and shavings from your use of Arbortech tools to start projects such as these. Not only is this a great way to recycle wood chips but it looks like a good challenge for those looking to make something different. If you are looking to try something like this for the first time we recommend you start small and aim for a rustic appearance. These particularly intricate and extremely precise sculptures take over 6 months to complete, so if you want to simply test the waters remember – start small. Good luck!

We welcome your comments below.

7 Comments

1. Charles Thompson Author March 9, 2019 (9:07 pm)

Wow! This is amazing. I can’t believe my eyes. Proper use of wood chips. This eagle has an aesthetic look and I think this is a new version of making sculpture. Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation.

Reply to Charles Thompson
  2. Sam Maxi Author May 30, 2019 (3:36 am)

Hey, Your tips are awesome. I expected you shared many tips about wood and shared your knowledge with us.

Thank you.

Reply to Sam Maxi
  3. James Author July 11, 2019 (7:37 pm)

The amazing creation of woods. I really appreciate of your design.

Thanks for share.

Reply to James
  4. Jerry Jhonson Author September 17, 2019 (7:49 pm)

What a sculpture!!! Do you make anything more with wood chips? Just want to see more and more sculpture with wood residuals.

Thanks for giving this beautiful experience to me.

Reply to Jerry Jhonson
  5. Kerry Thompson Author September 29, 2019 (4:14 am)

What an Idea!! Perfect use of residuals after planing wood. This is inspirational not to waste any residue as garbage rather we all try to use them as the way we can.

Reply to Kerry Thompson
  6. safedoom Author April 1, 2020 (4:11 pm)

My kid wanted to do a project over the holidays. I showed him this eagle and he is very exited to try make a similar one in the next holiday. Thanks for sharing

Reply to safedoom
  7. Jon Stephens Author May 21, 2020 (10:38 pm)

A helpful resource to choose the Wood Chips To Make An Eaglel for your work. This was simply a great post. I loved all the photographs. Yes, Sears #DistinitionDad may be spot on. Our local stairs have only recently closed and unfortunately we are no longer on the edge. Once we did that though, my husband always used to play kid in the candy shop when we got there.I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!